National Tutoring Programme and Covid 19 Catch up Funding
National Tutoring Programme
The National Tutoring Programme (NTP) provides primary and secondary schools with funding to spend on targeted academic support, delivered by trained and experienced tutors and mentors.
At Bow Community Primary School we provide subsidised tuition through academic mentors, who are employed to provide support to some pupils.
The overall approach to the NTP in the 2022 to 2023 academic year is to put schools in charge of designing and delivering a tutoring offer that suits the needs of their pupils.
DfE support this by:
- providing core funding to schools
- recruiting, via a delivery partner, well-qualified academic mentors
- helping schools find high-quality tuition partners
- providing training, via a delivery partner, for school-led tutors
- offering support to any school that requires it
Covid Catch Up
Please find below the report on how the DfE money for catch up was utilised at Bow Community Primary School.