We aim to be a fully inclusive school community and to involve all members of the community in decision-making and policy development. We regard staff, parents/carers and pupils as undertaking a joint enterprise to make learning exciting and positive for all of us. We are all members of a team working co-operatively to this end. The expertise of parents and carers is highly valued.
We do not discriminate in any way against any pupil seeking admission. Once pupils are at the school, our aim is to provide the best possible learning experiences for all; this includes giving necessary support to individuals or groups of pupils to have full access not only to the taught curriculum, but also to out-of-school enrichment activities. Pupils will be involved in reviewing their learning experiences, evaluating their progress and actively planning their learning.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
1. All learners are of equal value
2. We recognise and respect difference
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
4. We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
5. We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
6. We have the highest expectations of all our children.
The person responsible for managing Bow’s provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities is our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo) Ali Gillard.
In order to ensure that our parents and carers are fully informed about what is available for children with SEND, we have provided links to some websites, including the Devon Local Offer website which we strongly recommend that you access and which we hope you will find helpful.