Home Learning and Remote Education
All pupils are entitled to have homework set by their teacher, which is matched to their ability and need.
At Bow Community Primary School, we believe that homework and home learning supports pupils' learning and helps set good habits of becoming life-long learners.
In line with the National Curriculum requirements, homework is set for pupils at Bow Community Primary School regularly and is a means of reinforcing and extending their learning.
Homework set at Bow Community Primary School will involve some or all of the following activities:
- Daily independent, shared or paired reading
- Spelling and vocabulary practice
- A half -term project, which will be linked to the class learning
- Additional English and Maths tasks (upper Key Stage 2)
The nature of the type of homework set will vary according to the age and ability of the pupil.
Scarf at Home
These family-learning resources provide age-appropriate activities based on SCARF PSHE and RSHE themes for children and parents to do together – no password is required.
In setting homework, teachers will:
- Give reasonable time for its completion
- Reward and recognise pupils efforts
There is no expectation for teachers to formally mark homework.
Parents and Carers
At Bow Community Primary School, we recognise the importance of developing a sound partnership between parents and pupils, with reference to pupils' learning.
We are able to provide additional guidance to support learning at home and to help with homework tasks, if required.
All pupils should attend school, in line with our attendance policy.
We will consider providing remote education to pupils in circumstances, when in-person attendance is either not possible or contrary to government guidance.
This might include:
- Occasions when we decide that opening our school is either:
- Not possible to do safely
- Contradictory to guidance from local or central government
- Occasions when individual pupils, for a limited duration, are unable to physically attend school but are able to continue learning, for example because they have an infectious illness
Please find a link to our remote Learning Policy: Remote Learning Policy